Thursday, June 24, 2010

4th Class Memories

Memories of fourth class by Ms. O’Mahony’s class.


My favourite memory in 4th class is when I was playing in the basketball tournament, winning all the matches and bringing the cup back to school for a second time.
My second favourite memory is when we made some cool looking hats with vibrant colours. We had a fashion catwalk. It was a laugh seeing all the crazy poses. The presentations were also very different. I loved every one of the hats because they were all very different. I hope 5th class art will be as much fun. by Marie




One of my memories is when we made our own hats and then we had a fashion show. That was great fun.
At Christmas time we made flower arrangements for our Christmas tables at home. My Mom loved it. At Easter time we made really nice Easter cards. At the end of the year, Chika came and taught us the art of origami and how to write my name in Japanese. We will have our school tour in the Mardyke Arena. I am looking forward to that. by Laura


Fourth class started with setting up chairs and tables and our of nowhere there were three new kids – Georgia, Ucha and Alex. They’re funny. My favourite part of 4th class was the Japanese project. I loved Rome too. Fourth had many adventures and I loved most of them. I can remember Halloween in 4th. I’m so sad leaving fourth class. by Cian

One of the best memories that I have would probably be the Japanese workshop. I liked it because we learned lots about Japan and I liked learning about the Japanese culture.
I also liked the Roman project because I learned new things about the Romans that I never knew before. It was very enjoyable. When we were doing our Roman project these men came into the halla dressed in Roman clothing and told us all about life in Ancient Rome. by me!


In my memories, the exciting thing that happened in class was Christmas. On the last day of the holidays, we were doing what we wanted. The funniest thing I ever saw was David in the hat show with his big hat. by Ucha

My happiest memory was when we were drawing our friend’s faces. I was drawing my friend and it was so bad because you were not allowed to lift the pencil off the page and you were not allowed to rub your mistakes out!
I had a great time. It was really enjoyable. by Áine

One of my favourite memories was doing The Romans. I loved all the art. it was my favourite project. We learned so much about them.
I never knew three new students would come this year. They are all really nice. Their names are Alex, Ucha and Georgia, Ucha’s English is very good because he is not from Ireland.
We have Japanese classes which are really good. We learned so much and did so much art. I wish it was longer than 8 weeks. by Conor

My best memory of 4th class was learning about Japan. It was sooooo fun. I also learned a lot as well as playing a few games and doing art! I also enjoyed our games of dodge frisbee. It was a laugh.
The funniest moment was when my friend Ucha lifted Jamie up when my teacher asked what did he do.
4th class was an enjoyable year that was fun in lots of ways. I’d rate it 9 out of 10 and I’d love to replay this year. by David


One of my best memories of 4th class was making the Philip Tracey hats. I loved mine because I put a lot of hard work into it. They were the best art this year.
I also loved the Xmas Factor when the teachers dressed up as High school Musical.
I loved the Japanese work shop. It was really good. I loved all the different lessons. I though it was superb, and the best Geography all year long.
I also loved the Roman project. It was excellent. I loved it because we did different topics each. I really loved my fourth class memories.
by Fionnuala

The funniest moment was when Cian was doing pastels and got them all over his face. The best moment in 4th class was walking into a new class and meeting new friends and a brilliant new teacher. It was wonderful. My memory was when I found out a teacher from my old school works here in Scoil Nioclais and every day I come in school I can see her and say hello. Every Tuesday a very artistic woman called Chika comes in and teaches us Japanese things. The best things she did with me and the class was probably the Japanese writing. It was so wonderful and DIFFICULT but we got there.
They were all my best memories of 4th class by Georgia


My best memory of 4th class was when we found out there was a girl called Chika coming to us.
Chika was from Japan. She came to teach us Japanese which is the most fun and enjoyable subject EVER!
But yet there still are other memories about 4th class yet to come so hang on in there!
I thoroughly enjoyed the Cork Pops which was in the City Hall. I had been there before but each time I went there was either a different song, different people but there was always something different! by me!


One of the most interesting things that has happened in 4th class is meeting my learning support teacher Mr. Keany. I first met him a while after I came into 4th class. All through 4th class we were doing things like learning how to use Microsoft Word, throwing a ball, idioms and sometimes we even did art! I thought that he was very nice and friendly. We had some nutty adventures and I really hope I have him as a learning support teacher in 5th and 6th class and have some more crazy and nutty adventures! by Conor



The highlight of being in fourth class was making the centre pieces for Christmas. I liked them because they were so beautiful on the kitchen table.
I was amazed to see that we made so many projects during
the year. My favourite project was about the Romans because it was so interesting learning more facts than I knew already.
I was disappointed to see Chika go because after the eight weeks we had, I wish she could have stayed longer.
I really enjoyed when Bean De Róiste’s daughter Sarah
came to do the art work shop with us because it made me see that everyone was creative. by Mary


My favourite memory from fourth class was when we mae hats because it was fun writing the commentaries and doing the catwalk to the cool music.
I also loved making the Christmas centre pieces with the pretty flowers. The Santa and the candle also made them more unique. They were all beautiful and looked gorgeous on the kitchen table.
Another one of my best memories was when Ms O’Mahony told me that I had a gift for writing stories.
Fourth class was definitely a year I am going to remember for the rest of my life! by Rachel



My favourite memory is Ms O’Mahony and Chika too. Its fun when they teach us for me and for you.
Dodge Frisbee is fun too, trying to dodge the things ye throw.
It was fun drawing portraits without lifting the pencil. The faces I drew were funny, how about you?
It is fun reading “Holes” and CAPER books too, I hope we finish it how about you?
The Roman history and Egypt too, I bet you wish you were doing it too.
When someone says “I’m done” Ms O’Mahony says “finished” that’s the way she is, trying to get us to speak proper English! by me!


Some of my most valued memories of 4th class came from the Japanese workshop. I absolutely loved doing the daruma dolls. One of the funniest memories was when Ucha lifted Jamie of the ground. My most painful memory was when I smacked my elbow off the table. by Ross
I loved the Romans because the culture, games and war were interesting. I like the gladiators and the chariot racing. They were brilliant. It was so much fun.
We also did Egyptian masks. They were fantastic. They were very easy to make. You get a plastic mask and cover it with Vaseline and plaster of paris then you paint it you get cardboard and paint it as well. by Eoin



I liked doing the project on the Romans because they were really interesting and they always had really clever ideas for everything
Although the poor people didn’t have very good lives I thought
It was really interesting where they lived and what they ate!!! When the Romans came we had a lot of fun.
I liked when we did art because we made really cool things like the
Cool Christmas Centrepieces and the Egyptian Death Masks
And the marbling with acrylic oil paints was awesome. We also did Paul Cezanne style still life pictures. Ms O Mahony always has something fun to do in art!!!
I thought that when we played dodge Frisbee for P.E. it was awesome because I liked playing it with my friends.
But the best was when we had Japanese culture lessons with Chika Ueda we made lovely origami, koinobori (wishing carp) and beautiful Daruma Dolls.
by Erica.



I loved doing the Italian project because I love learning about other countries and the people in them.
The surprising memory this year was when I found out that there were three new children in my class, because I never would have expected that to happen.
The Japanese workshop was the happy memory because I enjoyed learning and making things from Japan.
The funny memory this year was when my teacher overheard my friend and I talking about our favourite teacher!! by me!



My favourite memory in fourth class was when we ere doing the skipping workshop. The person who was teaching it was very funny. He was a very good teacher. It was the first time I had seen double dutch. At the start of it I couldn’t skip at all!! But after it I could skip very well. by Jamie




My best 4th class memories were skipping workshop, dodge frisbee and when a guy dressed as a bear walked past our window. They were all a laugh. They are the funnies things in 4th class. by Dave





My favourite memory was when we were doing the Roman project. My funniest memory was when we did Sports day. by Alex



I have a lot of memories about fourth class but my favourite memory was the first day of school and three new people joined our class group. We made great friends with each other.
My funniest memory I have is when Dave Scott told the class really funny jokes. He is one funny friend and his jokes were always hilarious.
The other good memories of 4th class are the roman project, the energy project and I think it will be our school tour.
I really enjoyed my time in 4th class and I hope 5th class will just as good!
by Daniel